Monday, July 8, 2013

* Unidentified Pink Round Soft Sea Creature

Today while taking my daily walk on the beach, I came across a pink round soft sea creature, and took a picture of it in hopes to learn what it is by doing an image search on the internet.


When the image search was unsuccessful with a handful pictures of pretty pink flowers, I typed 'pink round soft sea creature' in the search box, and the search engine came back with a whole lot of interesting things that were not the answer to my question. The closest sea creature that fit my description was the Pink Sea-Through Fantasia:


Although the name sounds like a piece of sexy lingerie, it actually is a kind of deep-sea cucumber found in the west Pacific. However, when you execute a search with the words 'pink sea-through fantasia', more than half of what it returns are most certainly not sea creatures!

I really would like to learn what I found on the beach today is. Let me know if you have any information!



2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering if it's a sea anemone that got detached from its substrate?

    http://www.animalsgallery.com/gallery/sea-anemone-pictures/sea-anemone-pictures_2.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, that actually looks pretty close but I'm not completely convinced. :)
      Thank you so much!

      Delete