Thursday, December 6, 2012

Own Your Seasons

For as far back as I can remember, I always visualized a year as a ring of colors representing changing of seasons, and I imagine myself standing on the side of the ring depending on the date.  My ring of seasons is not a perfect circle, but rather an oval on which the winter and summer reside on the longer sides.  

Apparently, I am not the only human being with such a visualization of movement of time.  The inventor, and filmmaker Scott Thrift had a similar conundrum for visualizing what present means in the movement of time, so he came up with 'The Present', a clock with a single arm that completes a single cycle every 365 days, and has a color scheme to mark the changing of seasons.  He put his project on Kickstarter a year ago, and successfully made it to the commercial market.

I am not sure if I will get one of his clocks or hold on to the image in my head, but if I ever get his product, I'll have to hang it upside-down! 





No comments:

Post a Comment