Sunday, April 10, 2016

* Eating 52 Countries In 52 Weeks - Week 30 - KOREA

I think we broke the speed record with our trip to BCD Tofu House in Irvine in this adventure. We were in and out under 40 minutes and we still managed to sample a wide variety of Korean food. I guess it is part of the Korean hospitality to bring small dishes of Kimchi, marinated cucumbers, pickled strange vegetables and the saddest looking fried fish.


I could not decide whether to use the metal chopsticks or the long spoon, so I used my fingers to eat the fish. We were also served two raw eggs to be added to our boiling hot Dumpling Tofu Soups.


We ordered Kimchi Dumplings from the appetizer menu. I love dumplings of any kind from all the countries that have them but the Korean version took its place in my top five list.


The word Bibimbap always makes me giggle but the Hot Stone Bibimbap combo special made me moan with colorful delight. 


Rick's Hot Stone Bulgagi combo also came in a scalding hot stone bowl with a side of rice even though it had glass noodles mixed in with it.



Since it was a workday lunch we went with some hot green tea to help with digestion of this fast meal.


I felt bad for leaving some of the bibimbap and soup behind, but I'm sure we will go back and enjoy other Korean specialties.

맛있게 드세요 (masitkke deuseyo)


No comments:

Post a Comment