Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Secrets Of Highclere Castle

Although I did watch one - the first - episode of Downton Abbey, the fictional story was not enough to pull me in like other followers of this TV series and seemed like an old time soap opera. However, I did admire the costumes from the series on display at the miniature museum of FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising a year ago.

Today, I found a documentary about the Highclere Castle (where Downton Abbey is filmed) and its real life nobility inhabitants. Learned much about the history and the customs of this family home with a deep appreciation of the humility and humbleness of the Lord and Lady of Carnarvon of this beautiful architecture and the well kept grounds it sits on sans any drama. I recommend Secrets of Highclere Castle to all Downton Abbey fans or history buffs or the admirers of British countryside alike.




No comments:

Post a Comment