Monday, January 6, 2014

Arlington Row

Do you think if it is possible to miss a place you've never been to before? As soon as I saw the photo of Arlington Row in Bibury, England, that is exactly what I felt. I almost smelled the air and felt the coolness of moist air against my skin. 

The hilly Cotswold region is a designated “Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty” in and one of its loveliest villages is Bibury, where verdant meadows abut ancient stone cottages with steep pitched roofs. The River Coln, which bisects the village, teems with trout, but the most scenic area is Arlington Row, a lane of sepia-hued cottages built in the 17th century to house weavers from the nearby Arlington Mill. 

I hereby promise myself to visit this beautiful village in southwestern England.




No comments:

Post a Comment