Thursday, May 30, 2013

* Denetko

Today's l-verb was 'longing'.

My mum called me early this morning to let me know that her and dad made it safely to their summer home on the Aegean coast where I spent many summer vacations growing up. All through the day today in between frantic working hours, my heart was filled with momentary pangs of longing for that place, the hide-and-seek games at night, bonfires on the beach, fresh figs picked right from lower branches, laying in the grass and watching shooting stars, the nectarine tree I grew from a seed, mum's Turkish coffee corner, and the patio swing my father designed wide enough to have my brother and I sit between mum & dad watching the sunset in the lazy evening hours. I longed to be with my family today...




No comments:

Post a Comment